Monday, September 27, 2010

Before And After: Living Room



BEFORE




DURING

We knocked down the wall between the living room and kitchen



AFTER

We eliminated the creepy closet, added built ins on either side of the fireplace, exposed and 
re-pointed the brick



We exposed the original beams in the ceiling

The beams are still my favorite feature.  The only problem with it is that you can't have recessed lighting.  Tracks are one of the only options and I don't think they look so bad.  We butted up dark tracks against the dark beam and they blend very well.

We're still deciding on furniture placement and unpacking boxes. Hopefully I can show you a lived in look in a few weeks/months :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the beams and the fireplace. And I would kill for built-in bookcases. Have you had a fire in the hearth yet?

    G.

    ReplyDelete