Here is the ottoman in the beginning stages. I had stripped it, added webbing and burlap, and used spray adhesive to secure the foam in place during my last upholstery class.
Now I had to add a layer of cotton
And tack down the muslin
Once it is in place, I started stapling with my trusty Duo-fast Staple Gun. Starting from the middle and working out to the sides, leaving a few inches open at the corners
I left the corners for last. I hate this part. I consider it practice before the real deal....this time wasn't too bad, but definitely not perfect.
Lastly, I trimmed the excess muslin as close to the staple line as I could get.
Tomorrow I will make the piping to go around the mid section and start adding the fabric using the same steps as above. I can't wait to try out the welting foot that I got for Christmas this year.
To be continued............