Monday, November 29, 2010

Deal of the Week

For you Cyber Monday shoppers, I thought I'd start off the week with a deal for you.  I hope you had a great holiday weekend!

I've always loved Alan Campbell's Zig Zag fabric, but not the price tag.  I had bookmarked this similar fabric and finally got around to ordering a sample to compare the two.

Unfortunately, I only have the regular "Zig Zag" and the sample should be more appropriately compared to the "Petite Zig Zag".  You can kind of get an idea of the difference in the images below.

Zig Zag

Petite Zig Zag

IMAG0262.jpg
My two sample pieces

Alan Campbell's is a beautiful blend of 55% linen / 45% cotton while Alexander Henry's Zig Zag is 100% cotton.  The Zambia also has tiny turquoise dots scattered over the zig zag.  If you can get past that, the much cheaper version would be a great impostor for throw pillows or window dressings.

I also think this would be a fun DIY:

Photo Courtesy of Coastal Living


2 comments:

  1. Love the zig zag- thanks for the link and hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been debating on this look-a-like for awhile. quadrille's zig zag is definitely my dream fabric! did you get the blue sample or the black sample? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete