Monday, June 13, 2011

Slipcovers For Dummies

Remember when the leather cube was popular?  No?  Maybe just in our house.  I haven't known what to do with them since our move.  So, they sat, not matching anything, in a corner.

I got a creative bug this weekend and decided to try to cover them.  I always thought you couldn't cover leather because it is slippery.  Well, I decided an ottoman is an exception to that rule (is it a rule?).  I found THE EASIEST guide here.  I even surprised myself when they came out so well.  I should have done this a long time ago.





The fabric is Annie Selke's Link Slate.  I may have to make pillows with the leftover fabric.  Try it folks.  You will impress your friends.

5 comments:

  1. I'm impressed. Very impressed. You fancy lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also very impressed. This is genius. I may just have to buy two of those cubes on super sale and give it a go myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely transformation! Gorgeous print too! Have a beautiful weekend, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best Corporate Video Production Company in Bangalore and top Explainer Video Company in Bangalore , 3d, 2d Animation Video Makers in Chennai
    Thanks for the sharing information on corporate video production, nice blog.

    ReplyDelete