Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Faux Bamboo Chippendale Chairs with Schumacher's Chiang Mai Dragon Fabric






While this fabric is overused, it is still one of my very favorites.  All the pretty colors make me so happy.  And, paired with a timeless classic as the faux bamboo chippendale chair.....perfection!

Here is the transformation......

I had to replace all the innards of the seat.  After taking off the old fabric, foam and cotton from the frame and tightening the webbing, I traced out the new foam and cut it using a kitchen knife (ssshh, don't tell my husband).


And then wrapped it in batting


Had to make sure it all fit



I then positioned the dragon image over the cushion, cut it out, and used my trusty nail gun to attach it to the frame.

The final product:








These are for sale for a really great deal....$250 each for the armless and $275 each for the arms.  I would prefer not to break up the set, which is discounted at $1,000 for all 4 chairs.  Shoot me an email or visit my Etsy store if you are interested.
UPDATE:  The arm chairs are sold, but 2 armless chairs are still available!  SOLD

3 comments:

  1. Hi - Are the two armless chiang mai still available?
    Thanks,
    deborahdepeter@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Designer fabric at discount prices. Choose from home decor, fashion, upholstery and drapery fabric for your projects at My Fabric Connection
    braganza spice fabric

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have performed a great job on this article. It’s very precise and highly qualitative. You have even managed to make it readable and easy to read. You have some real writing talent. Thank you so much. faux fur fabric manufacturers

    ReplyDelete