Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fabrics and Cane Back Chairs

When I was in Charleston last week I had the pleasure of touring Coastal Living's 2009 Idea Cottage featured in this month's issue.  I had borrowed the magazine from my sister because there were some great fabrics showcased and I wanted to look them up.  I was thrilled to be able to see and touch them in person!



My sister has already laid claim to 2 fabulous cane back chairs I planned to start after my current project.  After being in the presence of all those fabrics, I was inspired to find the perfect cloth for her chairs.  Now I just have to get her over her fears of patterns and color.....

I am going to paint these white and reupholster the seat.



Wouldn't they look great in Donghia's Suzani pattern?



or a fun animal print?



I'll keep you posted on what we decide.

2 comments:

  1. I like the Suzani pattern. Tell her to get over her fears. Colored patterns are the new black!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just redid my dining room chairs in the very colorful Serafina fabric from Pottery Barn at the suggestion of my sister. I'm coming around! They look fabulous by the way. Signed, Suzani Sarah

    ReplyDelete