Monday, May 16, 2011

Living Like It Is 1999

I know people had cellphones and used the internet obsessively prior to 1999, but I don't recall them being a huge part of my life until the 21st century.  Ah those were the days.....

Anywho, we just got back from our 12 day visit to Hilton Head, SC.  I had limited cell reception and zero wireless service.  It took some getting used to, but I have decided that it is the only way to vacation. Now I just have to figure out a way to disconnect my husband's phone and computer, too.  His worked, mine didn't.

Things I took away from our trip:

  • 79 degrees, 42 % humidity, with zero clouds is the perfect weather
  • Paddleboarding is the best way to start the day.  Kayaking is the best way to end it.
  • I can never get tired of looking at water
Our back deck

  • Lastly, WE NEED TO REDECORATE!
I took some photos of the house we stayed in. This place was AMAZING. I am still contemplating sharing them on here.  There are few things in life that are sacred anymore and I think kids and homes should be left private.  Since this home belongs to a family friend, I feel especially torn.  However, the owner is an interior decorator and it belongs in a magazine.  She got every room right.  She must feel so satisfied when she walks through her home.  Ok, we know that isn't true.  Aren't we always searching for something else to make it "perfect"?

Here is just a peek.  Disregard horrible cell phone shots:

 Master Bedroom

 Master Bathroom

Guest Room

I'll share other little snippets of the house over the next week.  I got so much inspiration from all the little details.    We're in Atlanta for the week and tomorrow's post will be about my very first trip to the infamous Scott Antique Market.  Come back for a very rare consecutive post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment