Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Laminated Fabrics

Jenny from LGN posted about Amy Butler's house on Apartment Therapy recently and it got me thinking about fabrics again.  I headed over to Amy Butler's site and was so happy to see that she offers laminated fabric for some of her patterns.  This is the best kid-friendly, spill-proof solution for eating areas.  I was lucky enough to find pre-treated Christopher Farr fabric on ebay and used it to upholster our kitchen chairs.  We have put it to the test many times and everything wipes right up.

Amy's fabrics are very affordable.


I'm loving the third fabric from the left with the large turquoise circles.  I didn't see it on the site so I emailed her company to ask.  Anyone see it anywhere?

Photo courtesy of Apartment Therapy

I came across this in a search and liked it for dining chairs:

Honey Child Laminated Cotton Geo Purple

Remember Barrie Benson's vinyl coated Chiang Mai Dragon dining chairs featured n Domino circa 2007?


Swoon!

I still remember kicking myself for not getting the fabric she had on her couch.  It was from Ballard Designs and was on sale for $15 a yard.  I got the swatch and loved it and then dragged my feet.  Then:  Sold Out!  Why don't they bring back fabrics that were such an obvious win?



No comments:

Post a Comment