Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Autocad is Rad!

One of our good friends has graciously offered to design the renovations in our new house for free!  She is currently a kitchen & bath designer for Universal Builders, but has had previous experience with full home design as well.  Check out some of her work here.  She is located in NJ if you are in need of some excellent design and/or advice.  She is also the go to girl for all things crafty - wedding invitation, check; party ideas,check; painting a sign that says "This way to the wedding"  (for our wedding!), check!

Wendy's Wedding Photos 353

I sent her the original floor plan (click for larger view)


and she sent us back a much prettier version of her renovation vision (please disregard horrible pdf to jpeg conversion)
I don't know what I'd do without her.  I just wanted to tear down all the walls to make it open, but she pointed out that doing framed openings is more appropriate and structurally less expensive.  She also repositioned the downstairs bathroom so it could be accessed without having to go through a bedroom.  I was totally stumped with this one....Just when I think I am getting an eye for functional design.......

I can't wait to see what she does with the upstairs!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment