Monday, January 24, 2011

Weekend Warrior 2.0

Remember when I was contemplating getting this fabric?  Well, I got it.  And this weekend the husband and I built (he) and upholstered (me) the table project I had in mind for it.  I love navy blue, but really wanted something more muted for this table.  Luckily, I saw my vision on the underside of the fabric.  I just turned it inside out!


Here I am wrapping the leg




And the top (I hate corners!)


And the finished product:


The area needs a mirror and a little rearranging of the accessories, but I think she is a pretty little scale of the original inspiration.  Now I just have to find a metal basket.  I know I saw them on the cover of one of the home catalogs this month.  Any one remember?

Coastal Living

9 comments:

  1. Wow - fantastic! I love it - that is such a cool DIY! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god...this is amazing!!!! I seriously looove it- off to Tweet about this one- the best DIY I've seen in quite some time- well done lady!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to have found your blog through Christine's tweet. This is gorgeous. Definitely need to consider doing this to my boring old parsons console

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, that looks amazing! I remember seeing something like this in Style at Home magazine last year -- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. where is that print from? - i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! that's fantastic! I never would have thought to just cover a piece with material rather than sanding and painting it over.

    Totally cool!
    Rambles with Reese

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! That is so cool! I love it!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. where are you getting your fabric - love it

    ReplyDelete