Monday, March 29, 2010

Who is Christopher Farr?

And does he mind dining with me every evening?

Apparently he has been a rug designer for decades and just got into fabric design about 10 years ago. I'll take him in any form.

I originally fell in love with this fabric designer when I first laid eyes on "Carnival"



I have it in a raspberry colorway;



But I also discovered in my stash that I have it in "Ravenna"





The tan background is actually lighter in person.  The great thing is that the woman I bought it from on ebay had coated it with latex or something so it kind of feels like a soft version of oilcloth and is perfect for dining chairs that will inevitable be greeted with tiny sticky hands.

I envision it on this:

Or this (great storage):

But will most likely get this (so I can see if I want one for every room.  I heart Nate)



I'll probably just make a slip cover so I can change it up every once in awhile and I don't have enough fabric to do the pillows.

Expect to see finished product before Thanksgiving.......sorry.

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy, I am insanely jealous of your Ravenna find. Do you remember who the seller was? LOVE.

    ReplyDelete