Thursday, March 3, 2011

Headboard DIY

I've always loved this DIY video from Design Sponge.  She explains all  the steps so well and the finished product looks exactly like her inspirational photo.  I wish I could figure out how to cut that shape without hiring a carpenter.  I'm not confident I could freehand the curves and then I'd have a lot of curved edges to upholster.



I love the otomi fabric, but it will clash too much with my blue ikat chairs in the guest room (see second pic below).  I'm thinking it is best to just work with the Ms. PacMan machine.  She is a beast, but pink is in this year right?



Material Girls and Little Green Notebook have blogged about some great shaped headboards.  If I want this done quick and easy (always my MO) then I should stick with plain old square (snooze).  I'll have to dress it up with some fun fabric.  Luckily, hubster is on spring break next week.  Looks like we'll have another Weekend Warrior project to help this situation (so embarrassing):


Send suggestions if you have any!

3 comments:

  1. Sadly, I don't have any suggestions other than Shannon at Pink Wallpaper did a fabulous upholstered headboard turorial on her blog. Can't wait to see what you come up with!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a curvy padded headboard and it was not hard at all! I posted a tutorial and included the helpful hints my uncle gave me for cutting the wood. You should check it out, and don't be afraid to tackle this project. It's so worth it! Good luck and feel free to ask any questions.

    http://athousandlaughingstarfish.blogspot.com/2011/03/diy-padded-headboard-tutorial-and-one.html

    ReplyDelete